Ampersand Eatery - Orakei Bay


First off, hello and welcome to my new blog! The plan for this page is for it to be an extension of my Instagram,  @eatsbyruby. Rather than just writing a brief review, like I generally do on my Instagram, I'll try and write my more in depth thoughts on the food, service, and overall experience of the different spots I visit around New Zealand. 


I thought I would get things started with a review of Ampersand Eatery, which is a new cafe in the Orakei Bay Village. Ampersand opened about 4 weeks ago and they seem to have found their feet quite quickly as the experience we had today was just amazing. 



On entry into the eatery, we were warmly greeted by a front of house staff member who was able to quickly seat myself and my two friends outside on the deck. The views were just stunning outside, so if you get the chance definitely ask for a table out on the deck. As soon as we sat down the service was very quick and attentive and sparkling water was available on the house which is always a bonus!




Before being seated we were told there would be a 20 - 25 minute wait on the food and it was well worth it. One of my friends and I ordered the smashed avo and my other friend ordered the eggs benedict (all pictured below). The smashed avocado was on a slice of their house sour dough and it was absolutely delicious. The avocado had been flavoured with their '7 spices' mix and was topped with dried seaweed flakes, feta and onion. Probably one of the best smashed avocado's I've ever had. The eggs benedict was also apparently very tasty. 





The service was also really friendly and attentive from each staff member we came into contact with. Overall, Ampersand Eatery is most definitely a place worth visiting. The service, views, and food were incredible and I will without a doubt be back very soon!



Comments

Popular Posts

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *