The Picnic - Ahuriri, Hawkes Bay


As some of you may know I grew up and have spent the majority of my life living in Hawkes Bay, New Zealand. Hawkes Bay is one of the country's biggest food and wine producing regions and so we have quite a selection of places to eat and drink at. From time to time I'll share a few of my favourite places around Hawkes Bay for those of my followers who are locals, as well as to help out any of you who find yourself down that way.

I will begin today with one of my favourite little cafes in the portside town of Ahuriri. Picnic which is a part of the 'Eat Drink Share HB' group is definitely one of my favourite foodie places to eat at when I'm home. Picnic offers a huge selection of bread, chocolates, cakes, doughnuts, salads etc. Below I have included a couple of photos of my favourite things I have tried so far. A lot of the products they sell are similar to those sold at Little and Friday up here in Auckland which is definitely a big compliment. I especially love any of the gold cakes!


Chocolate Gold Cake

Chocolate Variations Gold Cake, Brioche and a Salted Caramel Donut. 

Picnic makes incredible Allpress espresso coffee which compliments their food really well. They also have a large outdoor area with heaps of tables and chairs so you can sit outside and enjoy soaking up the beautiful Hawkes Bay sun.


Another awesome part of Picnic is the huge chocolate selection they have on offer. These chocolates are absolutely delicious and a perfect idea for a gift. The flavours aren't your classic ones but unusual flavours such as lemon meringue and fig & blue cheese. These chocolates are some of the best I've ever tried and the packaging is just gorgeous too.



Lastly, Picnic also creates the most stunning cakes that would be perfect for any event. For my birthday last year, we ordered the chocolate and salted caramel layered cake and it was just delicious. Everyone LOVED it! The cake was packaged so beautifully as well, I'll definitely be ordering another one these cakes very soon.





I've experience lovely, friendly service every time I have gone to Picnic or any of the other Eat Drink Share cafes. If you live in Hawkes Bay and haven't visited Picnic yet, then definitely check it out as soon as possible!

Where to find it: 17a Mahia Street, Ahuriri, Napier (06) 651 0194

Check out Picnic online: 
- Instagram: @picnichb
- Website: http://thepicnic.co.nz/

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *