Takapuna Beach Cafe, Auckland


One of my favourite suburbs in Auckland has to be Takapuna over on the North Shore. There's good shopping, incredible views and it's the home to one of my favourite eateries - Takapuna Beach Cafe.




Takapuna Beach Cafe is located on The Promenade literally bordering on the beach. Opening hours are between 6:30 am and 6 pm , seven days a week and they have an extensive menu with options for all times of the day. As well as the beautiful cafe there is also a takeaway end with pastries, gelato, sandwiches and delicious Allpress coffee on offer

During the summer, I had a friend from Australia and one of my sisters over to visit and I knew I couldn't pass up the opportunity to show them Takapuna and take them to one of my favourite foodie finds.

 

We were stoked when we arrived, as we were able to sit out on the deck. It was a beautiful sunny Auckland day and the views were just amazing. As soon as we were seated, we were brought sparkling water and service continued to be impeccable for the rest of our time there. 
To start with we all ordered one of their house made sodas. I had the 'Grapefruit and Rosemary' and the other two had the 'Myer Lemon'. These sodas are so delicious and refreshing, perfect on a sunny day. 


For lunch I ordered, the watermelon with prosciutto, feta, olive powder, and sherry vinaigrette ($24). My friend ordered the hand cut pasta with scampi, tomato, chilli, pangritata ($27) and my sister ordered the roasted beetroot and almond chermoula with tzatziki, freekeh ($24).  All of these dishes were delicious! The flavours in my meal were honestly incredible, the watermelon was so light and refreshing and tasted so good with the other elements, especially the feta. The exact meal I ordered is no longer on the menu but there is a very similar one, where the watermelon has been replaced with figs and would definitely be worth a try. My sister and friend also loved their meals. 




If you ever find yourself over in Takapuna, then definitely check out Takapuna Beach Cafe. The views, service, food and drinks contribute to making this eatery one of the best I've been to. Give it a go, I promise you will not be disappointed. 

Cheers to my lovely friend Emma for some of these photos! Check out her other beautiful photos on her Instagram: @erpphotography. 


Takapuna Beach Cafe:

Address: The Promenade, Takapuna Beach 
Hours: Mon - Sun, 6:30am - 6pm
Instagram: @takapunabeachcafe


Comments

Popular Posts

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *