Amano - Britomart, Auckland CBD



In central Auckland, we are just spoilt for choice in terms of the abundance of quality cafes, eateries and restaurants. Over the past year and a half I've been able to go out and dine at quite a few of these establishments and I've definitely found some tried and true favourites. Today I thought I would do a review of the beautiful Amano, which is down Tyler Street in Britomart. Although I have been to the take out end of Amano countless times, I had never actually dined in until last week. Honestly, I can't believe I waited this long to try it out, it was just divine! I will elaborate later on with more details for the dining in experience, but firstly I'll talk about the takeaway area, 'The Bakery'.

The Bakery 
Down the far end of Amano at the entry closest to Britomart place is The Bakery. They have a huge selection of sandwiches, pizza slices, croissants and other sweet treats. I absolutely love their almond croissants and the chickpea falafel sandwiches which are pictured below. The sandwich is seriously tasty and so filling! 



The Bakery also has really well-made Allpress espresso coffee which tastes especially great alongside one of their freshly made pastries. They also have delicious freshly squeezed juices on offer, my favourite is definitely the orange.




Lastly, if you didn't think The Bakery could get any more incredible, they also make their own beautiful loaves of bread that are available for the public to purchase. Amano is known for the fact that they mill their own flour on site in Britomart from South Island grains. They do this to create the best bread possible and also to cut down on the amount of ingredients required. Each loaf of Amano bread is said to have about 3 or 4 ingredients compared to a supermarket loaf which could have over 30. The bread is all on display behind the beautiful counter. 



Amano Restaurant 

Although I do love the takeaway end of Amano, I think I may love the restaurant even more. The interior design is just stunning, with the beautiful dried flowers and the beautiful open beam ceilings. It really is an experience to dine at Amano. My sister and I went for lunch here last week and I was just blown away.

To start with we both ordered drinks and the Burrata ($25) with pear, radicchio & walnut to share. I had the tamarillo and basil soda and it was very sweet and refreshing. I'd definitely recommend it. The burrata was just delicious, particularly alongside the house made sour dough it was served with. The cheese tasted incredible matched with the pear and walnuts. We loved it!





For mains we both got quite different meals. I ordered the Angus sirloin steak with witlof, parsley and chilli sauce and Annabelle got the Riccota and yolk raviolo, with cavolo nero, almond and parmesan. We both loved our meals. The flavours were absolutely incredible!




Overall, the experience at Amano was just wonderful. The quality of the service and food as well as the stunning atmosphere contributes to making Amano one of my favourite Britomart eateries. I can't wait to come back again soon!

Details:
Address: 66-68, Tyler Street, Britomart, Auckland 1010
Bakery Hours: Mon - Sun 6:30am - 4pm 
Restaurant Hours: Mon - Sun 7am till late



Comments

Popular Posts

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *