The Blue Breeze Inn - Ponsonby


Ponsonby Central is home to many delicious eateries and cafes but one of their stand out members has got to be The Blue Breeze Inn, a modern Pacific Chinese restaurant and one my all time favourite places to dine in Auckland.

I've dined here a few times over the past year and each time I am even more impressed by the quality of the food and drinks, awesome service and great atmosphere. I went here with a group for my birthday and everyone loved the food, so I can confirm it is definitely a crowd pleaser!

Below I've included some pictures of a few of my favourite dishes I've tried from their menu, starting off with the star of the show for me - the 'Steamed Bun with Roasted Pork Belly and Pickled Cucumber' ($10). It would honestly be a crime to go to the Blue Breeze and not get one of these - they are too good!



Blue Breeze also does incredible dumplings and wontons! The first picture below is of the 'Steamed Dumpling of Black Tiger Prawn & Sesame' ($12). I'm not usually a huge seafood fan but these were really tasty! Next we have the 'Fried Spicy Chicken Dumplings' ($10). These were definitely not what I expected when I ordered them but they were really nice and not too spicy. The last picture is of the 'Black Pepper Lamb Wontons' ($10) which would be my favourite out of these three dishes. The flavours were just incredible!





The menu at Blue Breeze is ideal for sharing as they have a great selection of both smaller and larger dishes. This picture below shows an example of one of the 'bigger' dishes, this was the 'Stir-fried Cumin Lamb with Coriander & Chilli' ($30). This dish was so flavoursome and delicious. I'm a big coriander fan so I loved how much coriander they used on this dish. This dish did have small whole chili peppers in it which were very spicy though so watch out for those if you can't handle extreme spiciness. 


In terms of vegetables and lighter dishes, this dish below is a good choice. This is the 'Wok-Fried Market Greens, Black Beans, Chilli, Garlic and Shaoxing' ($10). I'd also recommend the 'Wok-Charred Broccoli'  which I unfortunately don't have a photo of. 



Lastly, Blue Breeze has a large and extensive drinks menu with something for everyone on it. I'd definitely recommend trying the 'Lei Lei De Lei' ($15) cocktail (on the right) which changes flavour depending on which fruit is seasonally available.


So if you're looking for a dinner spot in Ponsonby, definitely be sure to check out The Blue Breeze Inn, I assure you, you will not be disappointed!

Details:
Address: 146 Ponsonby Rd, Ponsonby, Auckland 1011
Phone: (09) 360 0303
Website: http://www.thebluebreezeinn.co.nz/

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *