Hawke's Bay Farmer's Market Favourites


One of the highlights of my time, whenever I get to go home, is being able to go to the Sunday morning markets down at the Hawke's Bay A&P Showgrounds. It has literally the best selection of locally produced food and drinks and has got to be the best farmer's market I've been to in terms of variety. I thought today I would share with you all my go-to stalls and top picks at the market for all of you Hawke's Bay locals and any of you who find yourself in the Bay.

Hawthorne Coffee Roasters

My first stop every week at the market is at Hawthorne to grab a flat white to drink (and warm me up) while I wander the stalls. Hawthorne Coffee is roasted right in the heart of Havelock North and is definitely one of my favourite local coffee brands. The service is so lovely and friendly and they also have a great selection of beans and pre-ground coffee for sale at their stall. I'd highly recommend you pick up a bag of the "Kidnapper's Breakfast" blend, it's one of my favourites!

Monsieur Macaron 

This has got to be one of if not my absolute favourite stall at the market. Monsieur Macaron makes authentic French macarons and croissants and they are just incredible. I have never tasted a nicer macaron than the salted caramel macaron he makes, they are just amazing! The croissants are also delicious.

A few of my favourites: Hawthorne flat white, Hazelnut Praline Macaron
and a bag of Hawthorne's 'Kidnapper's Breakfast' coffee beans.

Paella A Go Go

Every week at the market the team at Paella A Go Go make what they call "Market Hash".  Basically, it's a huge Paella dish of cooked mashed potatoes and leeks. It is so yummy and filling! They have different options of extras to add like mushrooms or halloumi and a variety of different sauces. I generally will get the plain market hash with halloumi and then add some of St Andrew's Limes 'Lime and Mustard Seed Dressing'.  Such a good combination!




Origin Earth Cheese

Origin Earth is a local cheese making business here in Hawke's Bay. They make some of the best cheeses I've ever tried and also their own chocolate milk in collaboration with La Petite Chocolat. If you're a cheese fan I'd highly recommend picking up the Pink and White Terraces soft washed rind cheese. This is legitimately the best cheese I've ever had! It's very strong and creamy and it's flavour comes from the fact that it is washed in brine and white wine for about 5 weeks.

Other Notable Mentions:

  • Bay Blueberries (incredible blueberries and raspberries)
  • Harald's Bread World (doughnuts, pastries and bread, their Spelt bread is amazing!)
  • La Petite Chocolat Ltd (they do some of the best hot chocolate I'ver ever tried.)
  • The Village Press (the best olive oils)
  • Maud & Harry's Walnut Company (the most amazing walnut brittle!)
On this platter, you can see a variety of different goodies available from the farmers market including a selection of macarons, the 'Pink and White Terraces' cheese at the back, La Petit Chocolat's lavender chocolate and Bay Blueberries' raspberries at the front. 


Market Information:

Day and Time: Every Sunday from 8:30 am till 12:30 pm
Where: The Hawke's Bay A&P Showgrounds, Kenilworth Road, Hastings.
Website: http://www.hawkesbayfarmersmarket.co.nz/





Comments

Popular Posts

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *